01/10/2012

Walt Disney World Butterfinger Cupcake Review

My first review on this blog had to be a Walt Disney World cupcake. If you ever go to Walt Disney World in Florida and enter the Hollywood Studios, you might notice a small eatery called the Starring Rolls Cafe on your way to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. The Starring Rolls Cafe is a nice little shop offering a variety of baked goods. Here is one of the best descriptions of the Cafe from the Disney Food Blog, I could spend hours on that blog reading different articles about food in the Disney parks. Ever since reading the description of a butterfinger cupcake I knew I wanted to try one. So on my most recent trip to Walt Disney world with my boyfriend and family, I headed straight to the Starring Rolls Cafe to get one.

Mine and my boyfriend's Butterfinger Cupcake before we started eating it. When we bought the cupcake is 2011 it cost $3.99 plus tax. But as you can see the price is defiantly worth it, its a massive chocolate cupcake, with a mound of frosting on top covered in Buterfinger crumbs.To any non-Americans like myself a Butterfinger is an American candy bar, that tastes like peanut butter, it has a golden crunchy caramel like centre covered with chocolate.

You first dive into the vanilla buttercream on top of the cupcake, this is what is covered in Butterfinger crumbs. It is a very sweet and light buttercream, which cuts through the rich-ness of the chocolate cake. The chocolate cake is moist and very moreish. It wasn't dry at all, maybe this was helped by the vanilla buttercream and sticky fudge buttercream centre. I found the fudge buttercream centre tasty but very dense, it came out of our cupcake in one lump, which was quite hard to separate so we could both have some. Its strong chocolate flavour did complement the vanilla buttercream, and overall didn't take away from the amazing cupcake. I really enjoyed this cupcake, it was even more impressive in person than in the photos I had seen. I couldn't eat more than one in a holiday because I dread to think how many calories are in them, but then I could walk around Epcot twice to burn the calories off. But I might find myself walking into the Boardwalk Bakery and then the problem starts all over again. So if you love cupcakes, chocolate, buttercream and Butterfinger candy bars, this is certainly the cupcake for you.

I was going to take a photograph of a cross section of the cupcake, but when I remembered we had already finished the entire thing. Just shows how good it tasted.



No comments:

Post a Comment