08/10/2012

Walt Disney World's Marble Cupcake Review





If you find yourself in Disney's Hollywood Studios and fancy a snack, head on over to the Starring Rolls cafe and choose from their selection of savoury and bakery items. If you want something that's big enough to share and won't disappoint go for the Marble Cupcake. My first reaction when my boyfriend brought this cupcake out of the cafe, was that it was huge and I thought I'm glad he only bought one.

On top of the moist vanilla and chocolate cake are three large swirls of heavy vanilla frosting, it is very sweet and filling, so I suggest you share this cupcake with a friend. In the middle of the frosting swirl is a hidden gem of fudge. The cupcake has been rolled in chocolate sprinkles, not those artificial flavoured plastic sprinkles you buy from the store, but actual chocolate sprinkles. They have a nice flavour that gives you a slight bitter hint while eating through the frosting. The mickey sprinkles on top are a nice touch, they make sure you know you are eating a Disney cupcake and give the cupcake an aesthetic appeal when you are looking in the bakery case.


Cross section view of the Marble Cupcake.

The vanilla cake part of the marble cake was my favourite. It was very soft and had a mellow vanilla flavour that made me want an entire cake made just out of the vanilla cake. I enjoyed the chocolate cake too, it was slightly less sweet than the vanilla cake, which was a nice contrast of flavours when eaten together. I found the flavour of the cake was slightly lost when eaten with the frosting and fudge on top, but this is just because I really loved the vanilla cake. Overall this cake is amazing, one that should only be a treat after a long day walking around the parks, but then again you are on holiday so you shouldn't really count the calories.



No comments:

Post a Comment